Mom ‘N’ Me
Explore mowgli’s jungle with your kid. A specialized tour for mom and kids to help them connect with nature and have a lot of fun and learning activities.
30th Oct – 02nd Nov 2019
38,500 INR for Mom and 1 kid
We meet at the Nagpur airport by 8 a.m. From the airport we would be travelling to Pench national park by Car. The drive takes about 2-3 hrs and we would be expected to reach our accomodation by 12 – 1 p.m.
We would checkin to our rooms once we reach our accomodation, freshen up and proceed for lunch.
All the participants will then we given instructions on what to expect on the tour and what all activities we would be taking part in. Every mom and kid would be required to observe and note down the things that they see during the safari. These would then be used in the evening discussion(s).
Each safari is a excellent opportunity to observe the wildlife and the role each and every bird and animal plays in the eco-system.
With much anticiaption we would be proceeding for our first safari.
Afternoon safari in Pench is an excellent opportunity to see the raptors like the Crested serpent eagle, crested hawk eagle, honey buzzard, etc. Raptors are like tigers of the sky, the apex predators and seeing them in the jungle is an amazing sight.
We will be also be hoping to see woodpeckers, orioles, shama, minvets etc.
Pench is also known for the vultures it has. We would be hoping to get a good glimpse of those birds as well.
We come back to our room by evening and have some tea.
Dinner would be served by 8:30 – 9 p.m.
Post dinner we will have a fun discussion on the things that we saw and the have a bit of story telling with the kids.
Day 2 and Day 3
Get up early morning and get ready for our morning safari. Pench is famous for some of the tigers that roam in this forest. And today morning we would be hoping to see one of them.
We start our early morning safari with the aim of finding and photographing these hunters. We finish our safari by 10:00 a.m. and come back to our room.
Have breakfast and come out for a planned fun activity with the mom and kids.
Once the fun is over and everyone is a little bit tired we proceed to have lunch.
By 3 p.m. on Day 2 we will have our first nature walk. Go out on a birding trail and obsere the different birds that we see.
By 3 p.m on Day 3 we start our afternoon safari. We will mostly be concentrating on finding and observing mammals in the jungle during the evening safari.
We come back by evening and have dinner. Nights in and around the forest are best spent listening to the sounds of the jungle – the alarm calls of spotted deer, the call of an owl, night jars. Additionally it is also a good time to share your wildlife experiences. Participants and the tour leader would sit together and narrate their amazing and rich wildlife experiences till date.
We get up and go out for a nature walk.
Nature walk is a very nice way to connect with nature and observe things in the wild. Learn with the kids on why the birds prefer certain trees, why they give certain calls, which flower blooms in certain months.
Come back and have a nice and filling breakfast. By 2 p.m. we start towards the Nagpur airport and reach the airport by 6 – 6:30 p.m.
The tour would end here.
Mom and me is a specially designed tour by Team Nemophilist for young moms and their kids. This is tour specifically created and crafted to help the mom and the kids get out from the digital world and enjoy the real world. Explore the beauty of nature with each other and learn together. Be curious, let the kids be curious and explore the jungle while watching the many denizens of the forest.
Get ready to answer all the how’s and why’s that your kids ask you about.
The activities in the tour are designed in a way to make the mom and kid work together, learn together , explore together and have fun together.
The days would be spent in having fun and games inside and around the jungle and the evenings would be spent playing fun games and listening to real life stories of the many animals in the forest.
There are also times when you can learn from your kids. So hey, get ready Mom’s to be put into one team and pitted against the children and lets see who wins. Yes!! lets have activities wherein the children will try to teach few things to you as well.
Pench is a jungle on which the epic story of Mowgli and his adventures is based on. Join with your kids and create a story of your own on this tour.
The legendary place on which the iconic ‘Jungle Book’ has been based
This is the place on which Mr Rudyard Kipling based and created Mowgli’s adventure The place where you can get a glimpse of the majestic king of the forest Tiger.
This park is also home to the elusive leopard. More elusive than the tiger, you get a chance to spot Mr. Spotty in Pench.
Another predator which is very common in Pench is Wild Dog. Quite a number of visitors have been lucky to see them hunt and devour their prey. It is an ideal and suitable place to observe and study these hunters.
You can also spot the good old bruin, bear in this forest. Civet cat and fishing cat are also found here.
But the major attractions in Pench are the birds found here. Pench is home to more than 285 resident and migratory birds This park protects 4 species of the now engendered and rare vultures.
Birds abound in Pench. Migratory birds can be seen from the months of October- February.You can see the Created Serpent Eagle, Changeable Hawk Eagle, Oriental Honey Buzzard, Grey headed Fish Eagle in this forest. Spotted owlets, collared scoops owl, Indian eagle owl and Jungle owlet are also seen here.The Oriole, Indian pitta, Orange headed thrush, Rufous Tree pie, Jungle Babbler etc are the commonly found birds in this forest. And boy are we going to have fun observing them.
Package Inclusions :
- Accommodation for 3 nights on twin sharing basis with your kid
- All transfers to and from Nagpur to Pench and back
- Breakfast Lunch and Dinner for all the days while on tour
- 4 Gypsy safari’s in the jungle with 3 Moms and 3 kids in a gypsy
- All park entry fees
- Gypsy charges
- Guide charges
- Camera charges if applicable.
- Information about the amazing wildlife that you will see during the tour
- Fun activities on the tour
- Travel cost from your starting place and back.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, water bottles, cold drinks etc.
- Gratuity/tips to guides/drivers.
- Any item not mentioned in the inclusions.
Please Note: Consuming and carrying alcoholic beverages on any of our tours is strictly prohibited.
- Knowledge of the flora and fauna of the forest.
- Fun and learning with your little one
- Amazing knowledge about the many birds and animals which call the jungle their home
- Activities which will let you work together with your kids to learn together
- Approaching wildlife in the field.
- Identification of different mammals and birds
- Pugmark study and bird calls study
- Living close to nature Amazing memories Desire to explore other places
- Please Note: During camp strictly follow the instructions of the camp leader,guide and the organizing staff.
- Clothing related items:-Light colored clothes (preferably t-shirts, pants, track suits, salwar kameez etc),cap, scarf, handkerchiefs, socks, towel, bedhsheet.
- Medical related items:- Band-Aid strips, washing and bathing soap, personal medicines prescribed by doctors.
- Personal Hygiene:-Toothbrush, toothpaste, toiletories, hair cream, comb, napkins.
- Others:-Torch (with extra pair of batteries), water bottle, sun glasses, camera.